Mumbles 0.4 is Out
Download and Installation instructions for 0.4 can be found here.
New to this Release:
- mumbles now has plugins for Gaim, Pidgin, Rhythmbox, Firefox*, Thunderbird*, and custom notifications.
*Firefox and Thunderbird plugins require a DBus extension. Please see the extras page for more information.
- mumbles 0.4 introduces theming ability. This release comes with 6 standard themes and the ability to support custom themes.
- mumbles-send is a script included with mumbles that allows sending of custom notifications. See the download page for an example of how to use mumbles-send.
Growl Network Notification Support
- When started with Growl Network Notification support, mumbles can receive notifications over the network using the Growl network protocol. mumbles-send can also send Growl network notifications. Use mumbles with your Mac, or just send notifications to another computer running mumbles with Growl Network Notifications enabled. See the Growl section of the mumbles preferences pane or run ‘mumbles –help’ (or ‘mumbles-send –help’) for information about enabling and configuring Growl Network Notification support.
- Want to just run mumbles in the background without a panel applet? Run ‘mumbles -d’ to start in deamon mode.
- mumbles now supports click handling. Right clicks close the notification and the Firefox plugin opens the downloaded file on left click.
Bug fixes and code improvements
- What’s a release without them?
I hope you dig it.
- Let me know what you think, what you’d like to see and whatever else is on your mind. I have some tutorials ready to roll out so check back here for updates on using the new features in mumbles 0.4 including: writing a plugin, creating custom themes and how to unleash the awesomeness that is network enabled notifications!